Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., Sept. 18
Shames out at UCAN
Michael Shames, cofounder of Utiliy Consumers' Action Network, is off the payroll as of today, June 21. New executive director Kim Malcolm notified the California Public Utilities Commission that a different staff member will represent UCAN inn the general rate case filed by San Diego Gas and Electric, SDGE. Malcolm tells me that she will handle the case. She says Shames has no contract and is not on the UCAN payroll. He would need one or the other. She will not say why Shames is off the payroll. She says she cannot discuss it because it is a personnel matter.
Shames earlier claimed that he would take the general rate case as a consultant. He told friends that his decision to step down as executive director was his own.
More like this:
- UCAN files cross-complaint against Shames — May 2, 2013
- Does new UCAN board want reform? — Jan. 2, 2013
- Fellmeth Joins UCAN Board — Sept. 4, 2012
- Shames Forms Own Group; Malcolm of UCAN Questions His Statements — June 26, 2012
- UCAN to Fight Another SDGE Program to Fleece Customers — June 12, 2012