Robert Bush 5 p.m., March 22
Port Seeks New National City Tenants
The Port of San Diego is seeking potential tenants to lease and improve land in the National City marina district on 32nd street near the Pier32 Marina and National City Marine Terminal.
“Both the Port and National City are committed to collaborating on a framework that will protect and preserve maritime uses, enhance communication between the two agencies and lead to a vision plan that will benefit the public, National City and the Port,” reads a release from the Port.
The request for proposals comes after a year of collaboration between the Port and National City. Submissions are being taken through Tuesday, August 21.
Successful bidders are expected to shepherd any proposed development through a public outreach program where they must seek approval from various groups including the National City Chamber of Commerce, local community and environmental groups, and the San Diego Port Tenants Association, among others.
More like this:
- National City Marine Terminal redevelopment action — Oct. 21, 2016
- Slater's wave to break at Seaport Village? — June 14, 2016
- That's no useless salt flat in Imperial Beach — Nov. 5, 2015
- A call to arts — Nov. 27, 2012
- New Signage for Shelter Island — Feb. 28, 2012