Ian Pike 2 p.m., Dec. 7
Koch Brothers To Hold A Political Summit In San Diego
The Koch brothers are coming to town and not just for a stroll on San Diego's beaches. The conservative billionaire brethren will be holding a political convention in hopes of raising some serious cash to take down Obama and other Democratic candidates.
According to Politico the brothers are looking to surpass the $395 million fundraising goal.
"It’s part of an ambitious expansion of the billionaire brothers’ political operation that includes the recruitment of new donors and fundraisers into their network by a development team led by summit emcee Kevin Gentry, and their recent hiring of in-house political operative Marc Short to oversee the spending of funds raised at the summits, reads the article.
A spokesperson declined to reveal the location of the political summit when asked by Politico but did say the summit is set for June 23.
More like this:
- GOP fat cats go after super rich Qualcomm Democrats in mayoral proxy war hit piece — Oct. 8, 2013
- GOP fat cats set to party hearty at Manchester resort this weekend — Sept. 27, 2013
- GOP and Koch-backed think tank operative gives Nathan Fletcher funding assist — Sept. 12, 2013
- Koch Brothers Raise $400 Million At El Cajon Family Restaurant — June 22, 2012
- Koch Brothers to Have San Diego Convention — June 16, 2012