Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Oct. 24
Tijuana Named Most Hated City in the World by CNNGo
The report states that the list is “not the worst cities in the world, they're the best at bugging people. Introducing the places guaranteed to swing your mood southward”.
The report does state that Tijuana has a lower murder rate and carjacking rate than Philadelphia. It claims the reason for topping the list is for its ruined public image in recent years. “Drug cartel violence. The recession. Recent swine flu outbreaks. If any place can rebound from all this, it’s TJ.”
CNNGo, which is a CNN affiliate, is an online sight for travel news. The site is based around travel in Asia, but touches on other global destinations as well.
No details were released on how the list was compiled or what data led to the results. Los Angeles also made the list at number five.
More like this:
- Less than 4% of Baja California homicides in 2012 resulted in convictions — July 18, 2013
- Travel warnings — Nov. 21, 2012
- Mexico Murder Rate Declining for First Time in Years — Aug. 2, 2012
- Municipal Police Playing Major Roll in Tijuana’s Homicide Drop — May 28, 2012
- Mexican Peso Weakened, Baja Tourism Rises — May 23, 2012