Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Aug. 21
Teenager Freed From Sinaloa Cartel Kidnapping Ring
An 18 year old student was freed yesterday, June 7th, from captivity in a home in Tijuana. The man was kidnapped by gunpoint while on his way to his high school, the day before his rescue.
Seven suspects were arrested during the raid, which was conducted after an anonymous tip was called in. The kidnapping ring is believed to be working for Ismael “”El Mayo” Zambada García, co-leader of the Sinaloa Cartel.
It appears the 18 year old was a random kidnapping victim. Calls demanding a ransom were made several times to family members.
The use of kidnapping for profit has caused disputes among cartel cells operating in Tijuana and surrounding areas. Many cells prefer to avoid the harm and kidnapping of innocents, while others have kidnapped innocents for high ransoms.
State authorities displayed the suspects for media Thursday, along with releasing statements linking them to the Sinaloa Cartel.
More like this:
- Sinaloa Cartel Weapon Stash Seized — Aug. 12, 2012
- Nephews of Cartel Leader Under Federal Investigation — May 1, 2012
- Kidnapped Businessman Rescued by Soldiers — March 26, 2012
- 21 Arrested with Narcotics in Mexicali — March 4, 2012
- Mexican Drug Cartels: You Want Silver or Lead? — Sept. 22, 2010