Dave Rice 12:30 p.m., Sept. 17
Meth & Cash Found Near Otay Mesa
The El Mexicano News reported that a large amount of cash and methamphetamine was seized near the U.S. and Mexican border on Wednesday, July 31st. Elements of the state police made the seizure in Tijuana, after spotting suspicious activity.
An estimated $230,000 USD was found in the air conditioner of a semi-truck. 68 packages of methamphetamine were also found, with an estimated value of $15 million pesos ($1.1 million USD).
The Secretaría de Seguridad Pública Municipal (SSPM or Municipal Public Security Secretariat) stated that the truck where the drugs were found came from the state of Colima. The SSPM also stated that the contraband allegedly belongs to the La Familia Michoacana criminal organization.
La Familia Michoacana is one of the main methamphetamine producers in the world. While they have not made peace with all the cartels in Mexico, they have made deals with many organizations in order to supply their methamphetamine orders.
More like this:
- Over 10 tons of drugs seized in Baja California Sur — March 25, 2013
- Two female victims found dead within 48 hours near U.S. border in Tijuana — March 18, 2013
- Tequila bottle meth bust in Tijuana — Dec. 30, 2012
- Another Huge Pot Bust, 22 Tons Seized at Checkpoint — June 21, 2012
- 1.3 Tons of Pot Seized in Tijuana — May 17, 2012