Jon Reimer 7:15 p.m., June 28
Nathan Fletcher To Hold Fundraiser For Victims Of Aurora Shootings
If anyone expected Nathan Fletcher to a fade away after an unsuccessful bid for mayor, they were wrong. Earlier this week, Fletcher's decision to quit the GOP and turn independent was mentioned in yet another article in the New York Times.
Now, Fletcher will be teaming up with the San Diego Police Officers Association to hold a fundraiser for the victims in the Aurora shootings. On Sunday, Fletcher will appear at a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" at the Ultrastar Theatre in Mission Valley. The proceeds from the event will go to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund.
"While it's hard to make sense of this senseless tragedy, we can do our part to help the victims and families," reads a statement from Fletcher posted on his campaign website.
Tickets for the event start at $25.
More like this:
- National Obama bundler hatching Fletcher for mayor draft — July 16, 2013
- QCOM casts a vote for Fletcher — Nov. 15, 2012
- Nathan Fletcher Buys Flurry of Local TV Ads — April 14, 2012
- Nathan Fletcher Still Raising Corporate Cash in State Political Fund — April 4, 2012
- "Stroller Precinct Strolls" For Nathan Fletcher — Aug. 12, 2011