Ernest Dowson 6:30 a.m., July 30
SDSU to Launch Bike Rental Program
San Diego State University will roll out a new bicycle rental program this fall, SDSU’s NewsCenter reports.
The program is being touted as an affordable alternative to students without cars, while also offering opportunities to improve traffic congestion and help the Aztec Recreation Center, which will administer the program, gain LEED certification for increasing access to environmentally sustainable transportation. There’s also the obvious added health benefit afforded those who participate.
The cost to rent one of the beach cruiser style bikes will be between $30-35 per month, and cycles will be rented on a one month basis. When the program launches, it’s expected only ten bicycles will be available to students, so demand will likely outstrip supply.
More like this:
- North Park, Coronado to improve bicycle parking options — Jan. 25, 2013
- SDSU Collects $71.5M in Private Donations — Aug. 10, 2012
- Modern Authors: It's All About Me — July 16, 2012
- SDSU Professor Curates Writings on Mobile Technology — June 13, 2012
- SDSU Seeks Help Identifying "Mystery" Photos — May 24, 2012