Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Oct. 24
Peters Scores LGBT Endorsement
The camp of Democrat Scott Peters is trumpeting the endorsement of the Human Rights Campaign in his race to unseat Republican incumbent Brian Bilbray in the newly drawn and hotly contested 52nd Congressional district.
Billing itself as “the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans,” the group describes Bilbray as having “a proven anti-LGBT record with a string of zero percent ratings” on six annual report cards issued by Human Rights Campaign.
“Scott Peters has been a vocal ally of the LGBT community, including leading the San Diego City Council in its support of marriage equality,” said Joel Trambley, the group’s co-chair, in a release.
More like this:
- DeMaio out with official Log Cabin endorsement — July 15, 2013
- Peters Scores Frye's Endorsement — July 20, 2012
- Dueling Endorsements in the CA-52 Race — May 1, 2012
- Peters Brings Congressional Campaign to Ocean Beach — April 5, 2012
- Saldaña Falls Short in Endorsement Bid — Feb. 11, 2012