Julie Stalmer 2:30 p.m., Feb. 24
Hunter Named to "Hottest Congressmen" List
Things have been fairly quiet for Representative Duncan D. Hunter, the former Marine who inherited his East County congressional seat from his father of the same name. None of the 20 bills sponsored by Hunter since the beginning of 2011 have made it out of committee, and he faces what’s expected to be a cakewalk re-election bid in California’s 50th district, made even more reliably Republican by the extraction of La Mesa from its territory.
But that’s not to say Hunter has gone completely unnoticed by the public eye.
The conservative blog Alexa Shrugged recently named the 35 year-old to its “Top 10 Hottest Conservative Congressmen.” The bio featured on the site is primarily a nod to Hunter’s military service and a reminder that his father was also named Duncan Hunter and previously held the younger Hunter’s seat.
The blog author did mention, though, that she would have preferred to prepare a “Top 20 HOTTEST Men in Conservative New Media” list, but that idea was already taken.
More like this:
- Hunter's helper on jungle junket — Nov. 11, 2014
- Rising from the Trenches Part 2: San Diego's Urban Corps Receives Two National Awards — Feb. 20, 2012
- Records Show Local Congressmen Lobbied for Pardons — Dec. 5, 2011
- Friends with Duncan Hunter — May 27, 2004
- Guns, bimbos, and booze — Jan. 16, 2003