Barbara Zaragoza 2:30 p.m., Oct. 28
Ranking Cartel Member Nabbed
A long time Arellano-Félix Organization member was nabbed in Tijuana on Monday, July 2nd. The arrest of Julio César Salas Quiñones, who also goes by the aliases "El M-4" and "El Pilli", was confirmed by the Ministry of National Defense on Wednesday morning.
Salas Quiñones was found with a loaded AK-47, several hand guns, multiple communication devices, and a late-model pickup truck. He is believed to have joined the cartel in the 1990’s, and has undertaken many roles in the organization since. At the time of arrest, Salas Quiñones was believed to be a lieutenant in charge of his own cell.
During the arrest, twenty-eight infantry soldiers raided the home which Salas Quiñones was in. The suspect attempted to escape by jumping over a wall. The suspect was injured after falling, and was taken to a local hospital.
Salas Quiñones was heavily guarded by armed soldiers during his hospital stay. The Ministry of National Defense waited to confirm the suspects identity, before making their official statement of the arrest on July 4th.
More like this:
- Despite news reports, Eduardo not the last remaining Arellano Félix brother — Sept. 1, 2012
- Sinaloa Cartel Weapon Stash Seized — Aug. 12, 2012
- El Mono Arrested in the Zona Norte — July 8, 2012
- Teenager Freed From Sinaloa Cartel Kidnapping Ring — June 8, 2012
- Mexican Drug Cartels: You Want Silver or Lead? — Sept. 22, 2010