Lindsay Marks 6 p.m., Dec. 5
McMillins Give Big to Local Politicos
Mark and Scott McMillin (pictured), along with their sizable local development outfit, contributed a total of $98,328.65 to various political causes during 2011, according to a January 20 disclosure filing posted online by the California Secretary of State.
The frequently controversial McMillins--whose redevelopment efforts at the city of San Diego's Liberty Station project have been variously praised and condemned--gave $1500 to city councilman Carl DeMaio's mayoral campaign; $1500 to Republican Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher, also running for mayor; and a total of $1000 to the re-election bid of city attorney Jan Goldsmith.
Scott and Mark gave a combined $1000 to GOP 1st District city council candidate Ray Ellis in December.
Also in December, Scott gave $500 to 5th District council candidate Mark Kersey, as well as $3770 to the GOP's Lincoln Club in October and $500 to county supervisor Bill Horn's 2010 re-election fund, in October as well.
In December, Mark and Scott each gave $500 to Scott Sherman's District 7 city council campaign.
The same month they both gave $500 each to Steve Dannon, an ex-political consultant and former aide to Republican Congressman Brian Bilbray running for county supervisor.
The pair also gave $500 each to Democratic San Diego city council incumbent Todd Gloria.
McMillin Management Services and the Corky McMillin Companies kicked in a total of $33,946 to the Building Industry Association PAC; Mark McMIllian gave $15,915 to Build San Diego PAC.
McMillin Management gave $5000 to qualify the initiative measure backed by DeMaio and San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders to change the San Diego city employee pension plan, now set for the June ballot.
photo source: mcmillin.com
More like this:
- Sempra, always with the political dough — Feb. 13, 2013
- Filner transition team to be headed by lobbyist for big developer with storied history of campaign finance violations — Nov. 8, 2012
- Records Show Cable TV Employees Pour Big Money into Council and Mayoral Campaigns — July 25, 2012
- Union-Tribune Owner Gives $5,000 to Local GOP Before DeMaio Endorsement — March 22, 2012
- Santorum Super PAC Gets $50,000 from El Cajon's Caster — Feb. 27, 2012