Barbara Zaragoza 8:04 p.m., Dec. 19
Could Amylin Be Takeover Target?
Biotech Amylin stock is up 18.04% to $14.33 at mid-day Monday (Jan. 30), following Food & Drug Administration approval for U.S. marketing of Bydureon, a once-weekly version of Amylin's diabetes shot.
This was the third try with the FDA. Amylin is working with Alkermes on the drug.
Now, takeover sharks may be circling Amylin, according to Bloomberg News. Those rumors may also be boosting the stock.
More like this:
- Raider Icahn Sues Biotech Amylin — April 9, 2012
- Amylin Stock Soars — March 28, 2012
- Amylin, Lilly Split on Diabetes Drug — Nov. 8, 2011
- Three-Way Battle for Control of Biotech Amylin Looks Possible — Feb. 2, 2009
- Amylin Pharmaceuticals Stock Plunging Again on More Bad News on Diabetes Drug — Aug. 27, 2008