Various Authors 1 p.m., Aug. 28
Roski Plays Political Football with Campaign Cash
Ed Roski's plan to build an NFL stadium in the City of Industry has been largely eclipsed by rival Phil Anchutz's proposal for a downtown Los Angeles venue, where many expect the San Diego Chargers to eventually play, but Roski hasn't given up yet.
And by at least one measure, his campaign contributions to California politicos, he is still going strong.
According to his year-end disclosure filing, Roski and his Majestic Realty Co. handed out a total of $53,250 from October through December, bringing him up to a total $204,300 in 2011.
Latest recipients include L.A. county supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas ($1500) and San Bernardino county supervisory Neil Derry ($1000.)
But Roski's biggest piece of fourth quarter cash, $35,000, went to the San Luis Obispo county GOP central committee on December 28.
The same day he gave $15,000 to Tulare county's Republican central committee.
More like this:
- Vargas Campaign Paid South Lake Tahoe Bistro, Hotel Tabs — Feb. 3, 2012
- Wine Tasting with Filner, Issa plays Tagg for Holiday Fundraising — Dec. 20, 2011
- Juan Vargas Gets $1000 of Roski Campaign Cash — Oct. 20, 2011
- Roski Catching Flak for Political Gifts — Feb. 4, 2010
- What You Do To Get Ahead — Feb. 26, 2004