Don Bauder 8:30 p.m., Aug. 26
Sempra Adds to Its Holdings with Mississippi Utility Purchase
Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, a subsidiary of San Diego-based Sempra Energy, announced on January 3 that it plans to acquire Willmut Gas & Oil Company, based in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The transaction will require approval by the Mississippi Public Service Commission before it’s completed.
The 75-year-old privately held utility provides service to about 20,000 customers and will expand Sempra’s southeastern holdings, which include several natural-gas pipelines and storage facilities, as well as Mobile Gas, a utility providing natural gas to about 90,000 customers in the Mobile, Alabama, area.
Utilities under the Sempra banner, including San Diego Gas & Electric, already serve about 31 million customers worldwide.
More like this:
- San Diego Gas & Electric: Fat Profits, Fat Pay — April 4, 2012
- SDG&E Reports Customers Receiving Bill Assistance Doubles — Feb. 16, 2012
- Sempra to Quadruple Nevada Solar Generation — Aug. 5, 2011
- Palin Email Reveals Sempra Energy Pipeline Scheme — June 10, 2011
- Mystery team — April 27, 2000