Alexis Rhone Fancher 9 p.m., March 4
High-End Fletcher Blog Wins D.C. Praise
We'll have to wait until the end of the month for year-end disclosures to find out how much it's costing to run and from where the money came to pay for it, but for now, at least, San Diego GOP mayoral candidate Nathan Fletcher is taking his bows.
His campaign blog has been named fourth best in the country for 2011 by a columnist for Washington, D.C. Beltway-based Campaigns & Elections Magazine.
"Local races can be hard to generate blog content for, in part, because of the issues at play in the race," says the post by Andrew Clark.
"But Fletcher’s campaign for mayor of San Diego has managed to make its blog a model by frequently posting short 'Supporter of the Day' videos several times a week.
"The candidate himself also posts updates to the blog.
"The content here proves that you don’t need an edgy design to be powerful. In short, despite the relatively basic appearance, this blog for a mayoral race is more sophisticated than many campaign blogs for federal office. Take note, Congress!"
Fletcher is outranked by GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul at number two.
Number one is President Obama.
According to Fletcher's most recent campaign filing, covering the first half of 2011, web service vendors included Activate Direct LLC and Freetime Productions, both of Sacramento.
More like this:
- Builders paying for cops' Faulconer campaign — Jan. 29, 2014
- Lincoln Club pays for more hits against Jacobs-backed Fletcher — Oct. 31, 2013
- GOP and Koch-backed think tank operative gives Nathan Fletcher funding assist — Sept. 12, 2013
- Fletcher Campaign Receives Over $56,000 From Donors Outside of San Diego County and State — May 26, 2012
- Mayoral Campaign of Newly Independent Nathan Fletcher Gives $5,000 To GOP, Filing Says — April 13, 2012