Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Aug. 29
Michael T. Pines Files Another Suit
Michael T. Pines, who as a North County lawyer advised clients to retake possession of their foreclosed homes, has filed another suit. (His license has been snatched by the state bar, but he can file his own suit.) This suit was filed Feb. 14 in Los Angeles federal court. Named as defendants are the City of Carlsbad; L.A., San Diego and Ventura Counties; bankruptcy trustee Leslie Gladstone and lawyer Gary Slater; San Diego District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis; Orange County Judge Andre Manssourian; San Diego Deputy DA Jim Romo; the state bar; the State of California and several others. A judge ordered that Pines be given a mental exam last year. In the suit, Pines says his civil rights have been violated.
Editor's note: There are two attorneys named Michael Pines, the other is a personal injury attorney in La Jolla.
More like this:
- Arrest warrant issued for disbarred attorney — Oct. 10, 2012
- Attorney “Relieved” from Messy Case w Disbarred Attorney — Aug. 7, 2012
- Disbarred Attorney Promises to Behave — June 25, 2012
- How Michael T. Pines Defies the Law — May 18, 2011
- State Bar Seeks to Yank License of Anti-Foreclosure Attorney — April 2, 2011