Don Bauder 7:21 p.m., March 27
Two Brokers Disciplined
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority revealed in its February report that it has disciplined two San Diego County brokers.
Robert John Clark of Vista was fined $25,000 and suspended 6 months for selling a private placement investment aggregating $350,000 to investors even though he was aware that the issuer had trouble making principal and interest payments to investors and had received a notice of default from the bank.
Kristopher William Bush was fined $10,000 and suspended 20 days. With his partner he mailed a hypothetical model portfolio to prospective clients, claiming falsely to some that it was a portfolio they managed. He did not have his superior's permission to make the mailing.
More like this:
- FINRA disciplines six area customers' representatives — Sept. 17, 2013
- Carlsbad broker suspended, fined for trust activity — May 17, 2013
- FINRA disciplines two brokers — Feb. 12, 2013
- SD Firm, Individuals Disciplined — May 27, 2012
- Too Smart For Their Own Good — Sept. 2, 2004