Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Feb. 26
Two Brokers Disciplined
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority revealed in its February report that it has disciplined two San Diego County brokers.
Robert John Clark of Vista was fined $25,000 and suspended 6 months for selling a private placement investment aggregating $350,000 to investors even though he was aware that the issuer had trouble making principal and interest payments to investors and had received a notice of default from the bank.
Kristopher William Bush was fined $10,000 and suspended 20 days. With his partner he mailed a hypothetical model portfolio to prospective clients, claiming falsely to some that it was a portfolio they managed. He did not have his superior's permission to make the mailing.
More like this:
- FINRA disciplines six area customers' representatives — Sept. 17, 2013
- Carlsbad broker suspended, fined for trust activity — May 17, 2013
- FINRA disciplines two brokers — Feb. 12, 2013
- SD Firm, Individuals Disciplined — May 27, 2012
- Too Smart For Their Own Good — Sept. 2, 2004