Various Authors 9:01 p.m., July 27
School Burglary Investigation Leads to Pot, Weapons Arrests
San Marcos Unified School District's Sheriff's School Resource Officers arrested five residents of a home on the 500 block of Charlotte Drive in San Marcos yesterday after executing a search warrant related to three recent area school burglaries.
After receiving information on where some of the property stolen in the burglaries might be located, officers searched the house and recovered over 50 stolen items, including computers, gaming systems, and a DJ system. They also discovered a small indoor marijuana grow operation consisting of seven plants, associated horticultural equipment, and 450 grams of packaged marijuana. Two weapons, including an illegal sawed-off double barrel shotgun, were also seized.
The residents of the house were taken into custody on charges including possession of stolen property, possession of illegal weapons, and “an array of drug charges.”
More like this:
- Escondido trio tied to string of Fallbrook car burglaries — Oct. 10, 2013
- Suspected thieves caught at Temecula’s Chaparral High School — Oct. 2, 2013
- Burglary ring broken up in Rainbow — Feb. 27, 2013
- La Mesa police chief Ed Aceves delivers crime report — Feb. 17, 2013
- Sheriffs in Ramona visit the "Chicken Ranch" — Feb. 7, 2013