Vincent Farnsworth 2:38 p.m., Sept. 26
Green eggs, green coal?
Dr. Seuss Enterprises dislikes name of new coal company
According to the publication "Think Progress," a new coal gasification startup may be trampling on a name developed by San Diego's beloved Dr. Seuss. A Massachusetts company has raised more than $1 million in seed capital to launch the green coal company, LoraxAg. The company says the name was chosen because Dr. Seuss's Lorax is the protector of the truffula trees. But local attorney Karl Zobell warns, "We did not give permission for them to use the Lorax, which Dr. Seuss created. Typically we don't like people to use Dr. Seuss terms without permission." The dispute has not gone to court.
More like this:
- Spokesman for Seuss, Inc. outlines plans for upcoming projects — Dec. 26, 2012
- Only a Grinch With Muscles to Spare Could Make Geisel's 300-pound Lorax Disappear Into Thin Air — April 3, 2012
- Anonymous Takes Credit for Lifted Lorax Statue — March 28, 2012
- Audrey's Quandary — March 11, 1999
- All the World's a Sneetch — Oct. 3, 1991