Carlos Bey 3:30 p.m., March 7
Tijuana misdemeanor detainees released on Christmas Eve
Over 100 detainees with minor charges were released from detention by order of the mayor
Over 100 detainees were released on Christmas Eve in Tijuana by the order of the mayor, Carlos Bustamante, due to an annual act of kindness to release those held in jail over minor crimes to be with their families. 101 men and 1 woman, who were being held on misdemeanor charges, were released and had their fines waved.
The facility directors were accompanied by a municipal judge during the release. Those released were given a blanket upon departure.
More like this:
- Alleged sicarios apprehended in Tijuana police murder — May 20, 2013
- Tijuana police record 222 attempted bribes over last 4 months — May 2, 2013
- Over 2,500 police fired in Baja California since 2007 — Sept. 17, 2012
- Man who threatened to blow up San Diego courthouse arrested in Tijuana — Aug. 20, 2012
- Heavy Deportations a Burden on Tijuana — June 23, 2012