Matt Potter 2:30 p.m., Nov. 27
Northern California rapist sought in Baja
Man who was convicted after fleeing is believed to be hiding in the Tijuana area
A Northern California man, who was convicted on rape charges despite recently disappearing, is being sought in Baja California after his mothers vehicle was recorded crossing into Mexico on Wednesday, December 12th. Spencer Scarber, the 20 year old convicted rapist from Squaw Valley, California, was convicted last Friday of raping and robbing a 35 year old Squaw Valley woman. Scarber is facing a 112 year sentence and is awaiting another trial regarding raping a minor while he was free on bail from the initial case.
According to the Fresno Bee, Spencer’s dad is an assistant chief in the California Highway Patrol’s Central Division. The father, Kyle Scarber, said he last saw his son around 1:30am on the day he disappeared. Kyle states that he checked on his son around 5:30am to find him missing. He claims blood and Spencer’s crutches were found in the driveway of the home.
According to state prosecutor Leanne Le Mon, federal border crossing records show Spencer’s mother, Gail Scarber, crossing into Mexico at San Ysidro around 3:24am. The records also show that Gail and Spencer’s sister crossed back into the U.S. on foot at 4:44am.
Spencer Scarber is 5’9” and weighs 155 pounds. He is believed to be in the Tijuana area or to have traveled further south towards Ensenada. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office at (559) 488-3111. Feel free to contact me anonymously by phone or text at (619) 306-7730.
More like this:
- Missing eight year girl old sought in Tijuana area — June 19, 2013
- Authorities ask Baja citizens to be on look for alleged L.A. child rapist — April 4, 2013
- Baja fugitive arrested in Utah — Jan. 19, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Missing American Sought; Talks Attended by More Than 8,000 Youth — Jan. 8, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Injured Man Remains Unidentified; Graves of Missing Sought — Nov. 27, 2012