Jeff Smith 11:59 p.m., Feb. 8
Big border busts
Large seizures along California-Mexico border over weekend
According to the United States Customs and Border Protection agency (CBP), over $4 million worth of narcotics and currency was seized along the California border over the weekend of December 7th. CBP officers reported 19 seizures, which included marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, and undisclosed currency.
The first major seizure consisted of 142 pounds of marijuana, carried by a 24 year old U.S. citizen into the Otay Mesa port of entry. Another massive seizure occurred hours later at the Tecate cargo facility which uncovered 637 pounds of marijuana inside a tractor trailer. Numerous smaller seizures occurred throughout the following days, concluding a successful weekend for California’s CBP officers.
More like this:
- Recent big Border Patrol busts of Mexican drugs — Nov. 21, 2013
- Large drug seizures on both sides of border — Aug. 5, 2013
- California woman busted with 23 pounds of narcotics at Calexico port of entry — June 18, 2013
- Over 7.5 tons of marijuana seized in Tijuana — Feb. 25, 2013
- Synchronized Smugglers? — Jan. 30, 2010