Scott Marks 1 p.m., Jan. 19
Alex Spanos, severely ailing owner of the San Diego Chargers, has given $37,800 to this year's political campaign. That makes the Chargers 16th in donations among all pro teams, according to Business Insider. Spanos gave all his money to the Republican Party. The most generous donors so far are the owners of the Los Angeles Dodgers, who have given$178,200 to the Democratic Party. Second is the Atlanta Braves owner, who has given $157,500 to the Republicans. All told, pro sports teams have given $2 million thus far in the campaign.
More like this:
- Another day, another $750,000 for Chargers' stadium cause — May 20, 2016
- Charge it — Oct. 16, 2013
- State of the Givers — Oct. 12, 2011
- Chargers Biggest NFL Political Donors -- by Far — Sept. 18, 2009
- Why is Spanos Such a Heavy Hitter? — Jan. 30, 1997