Ian Anderson 9:30 a.m., Nov. 26
Government Bans Self-Proclaimed "Visionary Tax Attorney"
A federal court judge has permanently banned Scott A. Waage, San Diego attorney, and his law firm, from preparing federal tax returns for others. The injunction, in which Waage did not have to admit the allegations, requires him to give the government a list of all the clients who have used his tax planning and preparation since 2001. Among his several ploys, Waage, touting his "visionary" approach to tax payments, advised clients to set up sham consulting operations (purportedly in the clients' own home) that performed no services. Clients used the sham consulting firms as a deduction, according to the Justice Department.
More like this:
- (Un)happy Repeat Offenders Day! — March 24, 2015
- City Attorney's one-eighty on Sunroad. Office calls Sunroad lawsuit a "sham" — Aug. 20, 2013
- Physician, Wife Arraigned on Tax Charges — July 3, 2012
- Wee Folks Get Caught — March 8, 2007
- City Shells Out Millions to Mush Masters — Sept. 1, 2005