Ian Anderson 5 p.m., July 22
Sixty-Year-Old Woman Accused of Attacking 92-Yr-Old
A 60-year-old woman was arrested yesterday evening, suspected of putting a pillow over the face of a 92-year-old man while he slept.
Oceanside Police report that Donna Darling was in the home of the older man at a trailer park on Blue Sky Lane, about 7 p.m. the evening of August 16, Thursday.
A caretaker who was also in the mobile home came into the man’s bedroom and “the victim reported 60-year-old Donna Darling attempted to suffocate him with a pillow while he slept in his bedroom.”
Family and paramedics and police were called. “The victim was treated and released from Tri-City Medical Center with minor facial injuries,” according to Lieutenant Leonard Mata.
Police say that Darling does not reside with the victim, and the motive is still under investigation.
The 60-year-old woman, described as 5 foot 9 inches and 140 pounds, is set to be arraigned in the Vista courthouse on charges of attempted murder and elder abuse next Monday.
More like this:
- Pillow shock — May 20, 2014
- Trial delayed for woman accused of putting pillow over man’s face — Aug. 15, 2013
- Some gal pal Donna Lee Darling turned out to be — June 12, 2013
- Woman Accused of Attempted Murder Bailed Out — Aug. 28, 2012
- Woman Denies Trying to Suffocate 90-Yr-Old Man — Aug. 21, 2012