Dave Good 9 p.m., April 23
Nephew To Former Sweetwater Superintendent Pleads Guilty
Willie Gandara Junior, pleaded guilty August 17 in a federal court in El Paso, Texas to drug trafficking conspiracy charges. Willie Gandara is nephew to Jesus Gandara, former superintendent of Sweetwater Union High School District. Jesus Gandara was indicted by the San Diego district attorney in January 2012 for perjury, filing a false document, and subsequently bribery.
According to the El Paso Times, Willie Gandara Jr. "pleaded guilty to charges he conspired with others to possess marijuana, and bought a Socorro ranch from which he distributed the drug." The Times also reported that the maximum sentence for each of Willie Gandara's charges is 20 years in prison.
More like this:
- Willie Gandara, Jr. sentenced to 6 1/2 years — Nov. 15, 2012
- Court Dates Approach for Gandara Family Members — July 6, 2012
- It's a Small World After All...Another Gandara, the Same GCR — July 3, 2012
- Another Gandara Makes the News — March 2, 2012
- A Shocking View into Former Sweetwater Superintendent Jesus Gandara's Past — Feb. 6, 2012