Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., Oct. 1
Two Border Patrol Agents in Court
Kallie Lamb Helwig, 25, and Gerald Joseph Torello, 35, were summoned before a judge and ordered to stay away from three named persons, in San Diego’s North County Superior Courthouse today.
Helwig and Torello, both said to be five-year veterans with the Border Patrol, were ordered not to contact three witnesses who allegedly saw them commit lewd acts and then attack a woman at the Del Mar Fairgrounds last May.
The alleged victim had spoken to the same judge just yesterday, she said Kallie Helwig was the woman who hit her in the face with a closed fist while her companion Torello called out encouragement: “You can take her babe, I got your back.”
The alleged victim said she had suggested the two “get a room” when they were performing sex acts while seated next to her, in the audience during a Cirque du Soleil show on May 27 2012.
Judge Daniel Goldstein ordered all parties back to court on September 14 for a hearing to ready for jury trial or negotiate settlement.
More like this:
- U.S. Border Patrol is still thinking about it — March 21, 2013
- Jury: female Border Patrol agent guilty of battery — Feb. 11, 2013
- Jury deliberates case against two Border Patrol agents — Feb. 9, 2013
- Jury selection began for two California Border Patrol agents — Jan. 31, 2013
- Woman Said Border Patrol Agent “Sucker Punched Me” — Aug. 8, 2012