Dorian Hargrove 8 p.m., Dec. 11
Boxing promoters Bad Boyz, Inc., of Galveston TX, have sued KO1 Entertainment LLC, Grupo Televisa, and Tijuana resident Erik Morales, claiming the defendants have failed to pay fighters Chris Henry and David Rodriguez $45,000 each for a televised fight that took place in Tijuana on March 27, 2010.
According the the suit, Bad Boyz contracted with KO1 and Morales to put Henry and Rodriguez on the fight card, with Televisa obtaining rights to broadcast the fight once payment was secured for the fighters and their management. The fight had originally been scheduled for a month earlier and for the participants to receive a $55,000 payout, but extended negotiations pushed the fight back and reduced the overall guaranteed payout.
Bad Boyz says the fight went on as scheduled, but KO1 failed to pay the boxers, and Televisa proceeded to air the bout, though it had not ensured that KO1 had delivered the payments as agreed. The boxers have now waited over two years and have yet to receive payment as agreed.
More like this:
- Heath Bell claims insurance salesman ripped him off — Sept. 20, 2013
- Cheerleading Is More Dangerous than Fighting — Sept. 12, 2012
- Margarito reveals retirement reason — Aug. 18, 2012
- It's a Tough Crowd at Vista Boxing Ring — Aug. 17, 2011
- The Ring Is an Altar on Which Man Wins — Sept. 16, 1993