Ian Anderson 3 p.m., Sept. 25
Mitt Romney's Son: Dad's La Jolla House Is "Pretty Small"
Another day and another quote about Mitt Romney's wealth has surfaced.
Today, progressive commentary website, AMERICAblog, run by former Economist writer, John Aravosis, posted a YouTube clip which showed a speech from Mitt Romney's son, Josh, describing a Thanksgiving weekend that the family spent at their beach home in La Jolla.
“My dad is a guy who puts family first," the young Romney said while stumping for his dad. "They finally gave my dad a day off. We got to stay in the house because we were there first. I had a couple other brothers that were out there that had to stay at my brother’s house. We got to stay at my parent’s place; they have a two-bedroom house, it's pretty small. My wife and I were there with our five kids in a two-bedroom house."
The house on Dunemere Drive has been in the news since plans of a large-scale remodel of the 3,000 square-foot beach home were posted on the City's website. The remodel will include amenities such as a swimming pool, with outdoor water feature, a multi-level four-car garage equipped with a car-lift to shift the vehicles around, and a 3,600 square-foot basement.
More like this:
- Developer proposes expansive La Jolla mansion — Jan. 8, 2013
- Mitt Romney's pal and financial backer John Miller proceeds with overhaul of La Jolla home — Nov. 2, 2012
- Mitt Romney lags on paying La Jolla beach house building fees to city — Sept. 7, 2012
- Romney Extends Public Review Process for Mansion Expansion — Sept. 8, 2011
- Mitt Romney's La Jolla Ties Attract Increasing Notice — June 17, 2011