• News Ticker alerts

Fliers went up across southern Ocean Beach yesterday seeking help in locating the killer of two dogs, Ed and Delilah. According to the notice, the animals were fed hot dogs laced with poison by an unknown person.

“The deaths were brutal and painful, and preceded by violent seizures,” the flier reads, referencing the pets’ residence having been on the 4900 block of Del Mar Avenue.

A $1,000 reward is offered for information leading to an arrest in connection with the crime. Anyone with information is being asked to call (619) 531-2000.

This isn’t the first allegation of violence to hit the community recently. Last week fliers were posted alleging multiple assaults on males walking alone at night on Abbott Street in the northern end of the community. Police, however, deny any knowledge of these crimes having actually occurred.

• News Ticker alerts

Comments

SurfPuppy619 Sept. 28, 2011 @ 8:56 a.m.

We need more info-like how did the dogs get the poison laced hotdogs???? I would kill anyone who did that to my dogs-they are family.

Gekko4321 Sept. 28, 2011 @ 9:31 a.m.

Non stop barking dogs will drive people insane! If you never had to live next to a non stop yapping/barking dog, you do not know the measure it takes on your mental well being. And there are people that own these pets that do not care to do anything about it. They think its your problem! And if the owners are intimidating then some people will not want to go on record. I am not condoning the poisoning of any animal, let alone family pets like dogs, but I always think of that common issue when I read stories like this. Clearly I would look to the neighbors as my first suspects.

SurfPuppy619 Sept. 28, 2011 @ 12:16 p.m.

Non stop barking dogs will drive people insane! If you never had to live next to a non stop yapping/barking dog, you do not know the measure it takes on your mental well being == I have lived in that situation and it is indeed a NIGHTMARE.

That does not appear to be the case here, and it is also a criminal act and NOT a legit solution to a barking dog even if that were the problem, which it was not here.

But I do understand your concerns and they are legit.

Ponzi Sept. 28, 2011 @ 12:53 p.m.

This is a hate crime.

Killing the pets is not a sane way to stop a noise problem. Some very sick person with an ugly heart did this. It would be better to call the police if you have a dog-barking problem.

Alternatively, use a lawyer to send a letter, or contact animal control or have neighbors join together to address the matter. Killing defenseless animals because you don’t have the guts to confront the owners is cowardly and criminal.

People need to follow the Golden Rule.

nan shartel Sept. 28, 2011 @ 1:40 p.m.

the cowards...canine karma will deal with them if the police don't ferret them out!!

mommyrizzo13 Sept. 28, 2011 @ 7:41 p.m.

There were never any complaints about anything filed against the owners of these dogs. It is ridiculous to suggest that there may be any "reason" why someone poisoned these dogs. I have also lived near dog owners who let their dogs bark all night long and kept them chained up outside of their house. I agree that it is irresponsible as a pet owner and as a neighbor, but it in no way would drive any sane person to such measures as to murder the dogs. I called the police many times on my old neighbors, and they never knew it was me. The police are sensitive to the fact that people filing complaints may not want to be identified, so you can do it anonymously. This is a tragedy and a horrible crime, and the person or people responsible need to be locked up as they are obviously unable to make sane decisions and are capable of taking innocent lives without a second thought. My heart goes out to the dog owners, I know they are heartbroken. I pray that someone knows what happened and notifies the authorities. According to nbc website, there is a $1000 reward for any information leading to an arrest.

George Otterman Sept. 29, 2011 @ 11:40 a.m.

It's bad enough we hurt each other as human's; and with the state of this world with more serious problems, why a cowardly lowlife human would hurt an innocent animal is beyond me! My condolences to this lady for her loss; and my heart goes out to you. I'm a guardian member of the ASPCA and give each month to do my part against people just like this! I only hope you're caught soon and get exactly what you deserve!