Ken Harrison 10:30 a.m., March 8
Dogs Poisoned in Ocean Beach
Fliers went up across southern Ocean Beach yesterday seeking help in locating the killer of two dogs, Ed and Delilah. According to the notice, the animals were fed hot dogs laced with poison by an unknown person.
“The deaths were brutal and painful, and preceded by violent seizures,” the flier reads, referencing the pets’ residence having been on the 4900 block of Del Mar Avenue.
A $1,000 reward is offered for information leading to an arrest in connection with the crime. Anyone with information is being asked to call (619) 531-2000.
This isn’t the first allegation of violence to hit the community recently. Last week fliers were posted alleging multiple assaults on males walking alone at night on Abbott Street in the northern end of the community. Police, however, deny any knowledge of these crimes having actually occurred.
More like this:
- Chula Vista home builder settles $2 million dispute over construction defects — April 18, 2013
- Car fire victim identified — Sept. 24, 2012
- Residents Gather to Foster Respect for Ocean Beach — April 25, 2012
- Mystery Thief Robs Unknown Victim — Aug. 30, 2011
- OB Residents Unhappy with Increased Density — Aug. 10, 2011