Ian Anderson 3 p.m., April 23
SD Home Values Gain Slightly in July
San Diego County home values inched up 0.1% in July from June, according to Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller released this morning (Sept. 27).
That compares unfavorably with a 0.9% gain for the top 20 metro areas, and is less than the 0.2% rise in June from May. Over the last 12 months, San Diego home values are down 5.9%, a worse performance than the 4.1% drop of the top 20 metro areas.
Since peaking in late 2005, San Diego home values are down 38%.
Nationally, seasonal factors pushed July numbers higher, says David Blitzer of Standard & Poor's. "We are still far from a sustained [housing] recovery," he says.
More like this:
- San Diego home values continued spurting in June — Aug. 27, 2013
- Local real estate values continue soaring — July 30, 2013
- SD average home prices top metro areas' yearly gain — March 26, 2013
- SD home values rise in line with nation's large metro areas — Oct. 30, 2012
- SD Home Values Rise in July — Sept. 25, 2012