David Batterson 1:30 p.m., April 28
Motorist Crashes Into Building, Flees
El Cajon Police are seeking the help of the public in apprehending the driver of a Nissan Maxima that crashed into a commercial building at 532 East Main Street at around 11:30 p.m. on Sunday night.
The Café Baghdad and Prince Wireless and Optical buildings were damaged when the driver of the sedan “swerved across the center median several times into oncoming traffic lanes, narrowly missing the large trees in the center median,” according to a police report. The collision caused “major damage to the façade of the building.”
A passenger in the car was transported to Sharp Memorial Hospital for treatment of serious head injuries that did not appear to be life threatening. The driver remains unidentified and at large, those with information on the incident are urged to contact El Cajon Police Detective T. Roberts at (619) 441-1632.
More like this:
- Sunday driver sparks car fire — Feb. 23, 2015
- Man rams two police cars attempting to flee traffic stop — May 3, 2013
- El Cajon Police cracking down on motorcycle safety — March 10, 2013
- Escondido man accused of gang crimes — Jan. 2, 2013
- Catch Me if You Can -- Smash and Flee in Midday El Cajon — Sept. 19, 2011