Ken Harrison 5:30 p.m., Oct. 25
Lorie Zapf Supports Push To Curb RV Parking
Councilmember Lorie Zapf is in favor of a plan from Kevin Faulconer that would place strict regulations on where owners of RVs and other oversized vehicles can park.
The proposed ordinance, expected to be rolled out in the coming months, will be tested in the beach communities to the west of I-5. If approved, the ordinance would prohibit parking 50-feet from intersections, and would set up a parking program for RV owners.
Efforts to remove RVs from city streets started back in 2004. All of which stalled amid concerns that the ordinance was unfair and targeted residents who own RVs.
Now, the proposal once again seems to be gaining ground.
"I know that we're not going to make everyone happy, but we do need to come up with something that's fair to both the RV owners and residents," stated Zapf in the newsletter.
More like this:
- Sidewalk café serves up noise — April 17, 2013
- Faulconer returns with new ordinance banning oversized vehicles and trailers on City streets — March 25, 2013
- Carlsbad to Remain RV-friendly — Jan. 9, 2013
- Foreclosure fees — Nov. 14, 2012
- San Diego to Consider Foreclosure Maintenance Ordinance — May 9, 2012