Various Authors 1 p.m., Aug. 28
Coronado Hanging Death Ruled Suicide
San Diego County sheriff Bill Gore said today that the death of Rebecca Nalepa was a suicide. In July, she was found nude with a rope around her neck and her hands and feet bound at the home of Jonah Shacknai, chief executive officer of Scottsdale, Arizona-based Medicis Pharmaceutical. She was Shacknai's girlfriend.
The Reader featured the story July 27, "The Hanging Question of Coronado," by Bill Manson. Shacknai won't face charges related to Nalepa's death, according to Bloomberg News. The stock of Medicis plunged on July 14, the day Nalepa was found hanged.
More like this:
- Three's a Trend: Will "Jack the Stripper" Strike Again? — Nov. 1, 2011
- The True Heart of Rebecca Zahau — Sept. 14, 2011
- The Hanging Question of Coronado — July 27, 2011
- Uncovering the Mystery — July 18, 2011
- A Big Message — Oct. 5, 2000