Don Bauder 9:30 a.m., July 30
John Boehner Makes Good for Brian Bilbray
The spat with president Barack Obama over the national deficit kept House Speaker John Boehner tied down in Washington the last time he tried to come to San Diego to raise campaign cash for fellow GOP congressman Brian Bilbray (pictured).
The cancelled event was supposed to be held July 23 at the Del Mar Country Club, hosted by Texas energy magnate T. Boone Pickens and wife Madeleine.
Now another fundraiser, called the “Congressional Circle Roundtable Reception” and “General Reception” with Boehner, according to the invite posted today on the Sunlight Foundation’s PartyTime website, is set this Saturday in Coronado and hosted by “Scott & Susan McMillin and Mark & C’Ann McMillin,” of the locally famous real estate development brood.
Contribution levels range from $500 to $2,500 per person. The highest amount allows the well-heeled donor to attend the “Congressional Circle” event at 6:30 in the evening. All others are to show up at 7.
Valet parking is available, business attire only.
GOP fundraiser Karolyn Dorsee is in charge.
More like this:
- Filner transition team to be headed by lobbyist for big developer with storied history of campaign finance violations — Nov. 8, 2012
- Mid-Year Reports Show Bilbray Campaign With Sizable Cash Lead over Peters — July 17, 2012
- The Wealthy GOP Donor in the Peters Family Tree — June 18, 2012
- McMillins Give Big to Local Politicos — Jan. 31, 2012
- Bilbray Hobnobs with T. Boone — July 20, 2011