Robert Bush 2:30 p.m., Sept. 17
Walk, Ride & Roll to School Challenge Kicks Off
Today kicks off the month-long Walk, Ride & Roll to School Challenge at dozens of participating schools around San Diego County. October 5 is also International Walk to School Day.
Sponsored by the San Diego Association of Governments and the county’s Health and Human Services Agency, the Challenge asks parents from participating schools to register at www.iCommuteSD.com. From there they can log the number of trips to and from school by foot or by bike, with schools receiving points from the program for each car trip avoided. At the end of the month cash prizes of up to $1,000 will be awarded to top performing schools.
Parents who register via the iCommute website can also request a free bicycle helmet and backpack with reflective material for their children participating in the program.
More like this:
- Open registration for SANDAG Rideshare Challenge — Sept. 9, 2013
- Free summer lunch program for San Diego students begins tomorrow — June 17, 2013
- Busby to Run for County Democratic Party Chair — Feb. 9, 2012
- Fresh Funds for Farmers' Markets — July 25, 2011
- No One Ever Dances — March 8, 2001