Dave Rice 4:30 p.m., Sept. 19
Harbor Police Discovers Cache of Weapons In Point Loma Home
Harbor Police officers, along with agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, found a cache of weapons inside a Point Loma home on November 9.
The weapons were discovered after Harbor Police sergeant Mike Rich was called to the home of 58-year-old Fred Seeber to investigate a possible theft. Upon arriving, Rich, the 2009 "Harbor Police Office of the Year," obtained a search warrant to enter the premises. Officers and agents soon exited with 18 rifles, 14 unregistered handguns, explosive devices, a submachine gun, and 4000 rounds of ammunition.
Seeber, a former felon, was arrested on several charges, including illegal possession of an automatic weapon and possession of explosive devices. He was booked into San Diego County Jail, bail was set at $100,000, and the weapons were impounded.
More like this:
- Alleged sicarios apprehended in Tijuana police murder — May 20, 2013
- Drunk Driving Campaign On Del Mar's Opening Day — July 22, 2011
- Disabled Fishing Boat Yields Smuggled Pot — June 29, 2011
- Greetings from Tijuana — Aug. 6, 2008
- Long Waits, Big Fines — April 26, 2001