Robert Bush 9 a.m., April 26
Fletcher Scores An Endorsement From California Small Business Association
With the primary election less than seven months away, the candidates to become San Diego's next mayor are racing to rack up endorsements. And in a crowd of four big-name candidates, each endorsement is valued. Today, assemblyman Nathan Fletcher gave word that his campaign added the California Small Business Association to his list of supporters.
Betty Jo Toccoli, the nonprofit's president, cited Fletcher's track record of helping small-business owners and helping to create jobs as the reasons behind backing Fletcher for mayor.
“The Association admires his ability to lead, put the needs of his constituents first and follow through on their behalf. We have no doubt he will bring that same drive, passion, and focus to San Diego City Hall.”
Fletcher touted the endorsement in a press release.
“San Diego has long been the home of small business owners, entrepreneurs and risk-takers — but we must work to ensure that we maintain the kind of competitive environment small businesses depend on. This is important at the state level, and equally important at the municipal level, and I am committed to doing everything possible to support job creation in our city.”
More like this:
- DeMaio's Apartment Association Endorsement: Move Toward or Away From the Center? — Aug. 17, 2012
- Mayoral Campaign of Newly Independent Nathan Fletcher Gives $5,000 To GOP, Filing Says — April 13, 2012
- LIVE BLOG - Mayoral Candidate Forum — March 14, 2012
- Conservative Group New Majority Endorses Fletcher — Dec. 1, 2011
- Local LGBT Republican Group Doesn’t Endorse DeMaio or Dumanis for Mayor — Oct. 25, 2011