Matt Potter 3:30 p.m., Dec. 11
Attorney Craig Shaber of Coronado was sentenced today to 10 months in prison for evading taxes on $3 million in income, according to the Department of Justice and Internal Revenue Service. He will have to pay $555,000 in restitution to the IRS and serve three years of supervised release. He had pleaded guilty in October of last year. According to court documents, Shaber and San Diego accountant Steven Wright fraudulently gained control of shell companies and sold them. Then Shaber evaded taxes on income from those sales. Wright was sentenced in March to three months in prison and cooperated in the prosecution of Shaber.
More like this:
- Embezzler of Oceanic Enterprises headed to prison — Nov. 5, 2013
- Two county lawyers disbarred — Sept. 4, 2013
- These guys solicited homeless and addicts in tax scam — May 10, 2013
- El Cajon tobacco dealer gets four years in prison — April 8, 2013
- Wee Folks Get Caught — March 8, 2007