Jeff Smith 2:30 p.m., June 26
Republican Party Calls for Redistricting Commissioner's Resignation
Chairman of San Diego's Republican Party Tony Krvaric wants Carlos Marquez to resign from the redistricting commission. He says Marquez is now a resident of Los Angeles and should not participate in redrawing San Diego's council district.
"A Los Angeles resident should not be deciding the district lines that actual San Diego residents will have to live with for the next ten years. Mr. Marquez should do the honorable thing and resign at tonight's meeting. We will publicly be calling for him to do so," stated Krvaric in a prepared statement.
Krvaric reportedly discovered Marquez' current home address after enlisting the help of the party's secretary and private investigator Derrick Roach -- the same partisan PI that found thousands of pages of sensitive documents while digging through a dumpster at ACORN's San Diego office back in 2009.
"San Diegans, regardless of party affiliation, deserve better than to have hyper-partisans -- who don't even live in the city -- meddling with their council district lines. If Mr. Marquez truly wants what's best for San Diego, he will resign, effective immediately, tonight."
Photo on left: Derrick Roach
More like this:
- Why have the Republicans been following Filner with private investigators for years — July 12, 2013
- Local Republican endorsement slate rolled out — June 12, 2013
- ACORN: A tough nut to crack — Dec. 13, 2012
- Meet the new bosses... — Dec. 10, 2012
- Taxpayers Association Hires Ex-EdVoice Hand to Draw "Non-Partisan" Redistricting Maps — May 23, 2011