Susan Luzzaro 9 p.m., Aug. 20
Filner For Mayor?
The Imperial Valley Press reports that Congressman Bob Filner is considering running for Mayor of San Diego. At a town hall meeting in El Centro on Monday, Filner said that he is weighing his options and expects to announce his decision in coming weeks.
According to the report, Filner said that he is interested in the idea of governing at a local level and told audience members that residents of Imperial Valley would have a friend in "one of the most powerful seats in San Diego."
Up until now, District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis and city councilmember Carl DeMaio, both Republicans, are the biggest names in the race for mayor.
Filner is not the only politician pondering a run for mayor. In recent months, State assemblyman Nathan Fletcher, state Senator Christine Kehoe, former councilman Scott Peters, and former state Senator Denise Moreno Ducheny have also hinted that they may enter the race.
Filner's office failed to respond in time of publication.
More like this:
- Report: Silvio Berlusconi eyeing run for San Diego Mayor — Aug. 14, 2013
- Mayor Filner's lawyer wants sexual harassment case moved to Imperial County — Aug. 7, 2013
- Booze, Money, Power and Influence: Inside Politics with New Padres Owner Ron Fowler — Aug. 7, 2012
- Handful of Vargas Bills to State Senate Floor — May 30, 2012
- Filner Is In — June 8, 2011