Kimberly Blough 6:28 p.m., March 9
Accused San Diego Cops Taking Their Licks on RateMyCop.com
Some users over at RateMyCop.com, a national website that bills itself "a powerful tool" for "monitoring police performance," have been checking in with their unvarnished opinions of the at least nine San Diego cops reportedly being investigated for a variety of wrongdoing, from drunk driving to rape. The latest arrest came Wednesday afternoon.
According to the site, it was founded after "the owner was at dinner with a friend who had just received a ticket. This friend was telling the story of how it happened, and a long conversation ensued. The owner thought this would be a great idea for a website since this seems to a topic most everybody can talk about. Prior to the launch of RateMyCop.com, people had no way to find or provide feedback about officers who are being paid by tax dollars."
Some of the feedback about the troubled San Diego cops is positive. Of one of the accused, one contributor said: "This man reminds me of John Wayne, when he ran through the streets of Ocean View chasing down some naked drunk 300 pound woman, I knew either he was despret or he really cared about that womans safty. He luckly caught her and she lived to be crazy another day."
Here are the links to a few of the profiles:
More like this:
- Field of candidates for Mayor now at 16 — Aug. 30, 2013
- Enter number 14: More unknown candidates enter the race to replace Bob Filner — Aug. 29, 2013
- Number of mayoral candidates now stands at nine...make that 13 — Aug. 28, 2013
- Number of candidates running to replace Mayor Bob Filner now at nine...rather 12 — Aug. 28, 2013
- The line of candidates hoping to replace Mayor Bob Filner continues to grow — Aug. 27, 2013