Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
"Paycheck Protection" Measure Gets Lincoln Club Money
A group of heavyweight San Diegans are lining up to help bankroll circulation of a new initiative, intended for the 2012 ballot, that would ban labor unions and corporations from the use of automatic payroll deductions for political contributions. It would also ban unions and corporations from giving to candidates and their controlled committees. The deadline for signatures is October 24.
According to a June 1 report in the Sacramento Bee, the committee's total cash raised at that point was $345,000.
On June 23, Tustin-based "Californians Against Special Interests," picked up $10,000 from San Diego's GOP Lincoln Club, along with $5,000 from Stephen B. Williams, of Sentre Partners, the big building management outfit.
A grandson of Coldwell Banker co-founder Arthur Banker, the Sentre website says Williams has "developed a relationship with GE Pension Trust, which together with SENTRE Partners has become a major stakeholder in downtown San Diego.
"Steve also co-founded Vesta with Lorenzo Berho. Incorporated in 1997, Vesta is a Mexican industrial real estate fund, with approximately 8 million square feet of leased industrial properties located throughout Mexico."
"He is active in the community and currently serves on the boards of the San Diego Regional Economic Development Corp. and CONNECT. He has previously served as Chair of LEAD San Diego. He has also served on the boards of the San Diego Chamber of Commerce, The Burnham Institute and the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center"
Here is the proposed measure:
The disclosure filing is here:
More like this:
- One-time Democrat and ex-Padres owner Moores gives $20,000 to anti union political withholding measure — Oct. 31, 2012
- San Diego supermarket workers union makes big radio buy to counter Prop 32, backed by local Republicans — Sept. 11, 2012
- San Diego Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union Gives $100,000 to Anti-Death Penalty Campaign — July 19, 2012
- Buzz Woolley’s Money — Oct. 26, 2011
- "Paycheck Protection" Effort Passes a Million; Lincoln Club, Woolley Give $50,000 — July 15, 2011