Dorianne Laux 9 p.m., Aug. 27
Mark Fabiani to Spin Chipotle Undocumented-Alien Woes
Reuters is reporting today that Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. has picked up the services of La Jollan Mark Fabiani to manage the public-relations angle of the firm's ongoing troubles with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
An ICE audit of Chipotle "turned up large numbers of undocumented workers on payrolls in Minnesota, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.," Reuters says.
Lawyers for Chipotle are in the midst of giving up to the feds "hiring records, emails, and documents that deal with corporate policy," according to the account.
"Chipotle also received 'a handful' of subpoenas seeking 'very specific records that were unique' to some of the roughly 30 restaurants visited by ICE agents in May."
Fabiani, who enjoys the title of special counsel to Chargers president and CEO Dean Spanos, and is point man for the team's never-ending efforts to build a new taxpayer financed stadium, also works for seven-time Tour de France winner and doping controversy-plagued Lance Armstrong, and has also gone to bat for Wall Street giant Goldman Sachs to ward off blame about the U.S. financial meltdown.
More like this:
- HUD looks into activities of San Diego's Heartland Coalition — Nov. 25, 2013
- Chargers hawking combined convention center/roofed stadium — March 8, 2013
- Chargers' Mark Fabiani Gives Big to New York Critic of Billionaire Mayor Bloomberg — June 1, 2012
- Fabiani's Partner Making Movie About Flawed Politicos — Sept. 13, 2011
- Field of Suits — Dec. 28, 2006