Don Bauder 4:37 p.m., Dec. 27
Labor Spends Big Against DeMaio and Sanders 401(k) Measure
On May 25 a political committee called San Diego Works! Sponsored by San Diego-Imperial Counties Labor Council AFL-CIO, contributed $25,000 to Too Extreme for San Diego -- A Committee to Oppose Carl DeMaio for Mayor 2012, according to a disclosure statement covering the first half of this year that was filed Wednesday in Sacramento.
According to its disclosure filing, San Diego Works! raised $143,3000 during the reporting period, of that $138,000 in individual unitemized contributions under $100.
Among larger contributors were the San Diego Police Officers Association, the California Federation of Teachers, and the county Democratic party, each with $1500.
In addition to the anti-DeMaio effort, the committee also gave $25,000 to Just Say No, San Diego, also May 25. Just Say No is a labor-backed committee currently opposing a signature drive to qualify a measure backed by Mayor Jerry Sanders, DeMaio, the GOP Lincoln Club, and others to institute a 401(k) pension plan for most new city hires.
More like this:
- Las Vegas developer linked to late mobster puts yet more campaign cash into San Diego GOP — Oct. 2, 2012
- State's Cop Unions, Big Labor Jointly Funded San Diego Police PAC Attack Against DeMaio — Aug. 6, 2012
- Storied Mobster's Associate Gives Big to Prop B and DeMaio Campaigns — May 30, 2012
- San Diego Realtors Gave $50,000 to Pension Measure — Jan. 18, 2012
- Builders give $10K to Jerry Sanders 401(k) Campaign — July 25, 2011