Don Bauder 5 p.m., Aug. 22
Government "Hack Day" in San Diego
Per the Measured Voice website, “(t)he 1.USA.gov Hack Day is designed to encourage coders, entrepreneurs, and curious citizens to come together and explore the data created by 1.USA.gov and discover new ways to use it.” Information collected and available for review includes data on the locations of users, their web browsers, and times they access information, but the group states no personal information that could be used to track individual users is shared.
Data available on the developer resources page will allow coders to create tools to track what types of government data is being accessed, whether different types of information are more popular in certain regions, and how the data flows as it’s shared around the globe. More information on Measured Voice’s participation is available here.
More like this:
- Beyond the "smart meter" — Aug. 21, 2013
- Peters got $2600 from Microsoft Office president in weeks before CISPA vote — April 22, 2013
- UCSD recognized for superior campus mobile apps — Sept. 6, 2012
- H is for Hacker — June 19, 2003
- Website of the Unknown Surfer — April 29, 1999