Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Aug. 28
San Diego Police Department Realigning Districts
District boundaries across San Diego are being redrawn, that goes for the police department districts as well. On September 17, police districts will change. For residents of North Park that means they will no longer be included in the police department's Western Division. Instead, North Park will be part of the Mid-City Division.
Tonight, July 28, residents of North Park are invited to a meeting of the North Park Action Team to discuss the changes to the police district.
"According to police representatives, this should result in quicker response times and more available police time for the community," reads the summary for tonight's meeting.
Currently, Western Division is among the busiest divisions in the department. The beat spans from North Park to the tip of Point Loma, going as far north as Linda Vista and as far south as South Park.
Mid-City covers less area: City Heights, College Area, Chollas Creek, Rolando, and Oak Park.
Acting captain of the Mid-City Division, Lt. Todd Jarvis, will explain the changes and what it means for North Park residents. The meeting will take place at the North Park Adult Community Center at 5:30pm.
More like this:
- Big bust at the dog park — July 1, 2015
- North Park/University Heights residents host “Cookies with the Cops” — May 16, 2013
- North Park Clean and Safe: Good for Business, Bad for Residents? — July 6, 2011
- Linda Vista Landmark Skateworld Faces the Wrecking Ball of Redevelopment — Sept. 1, 2010
- North Park vs South Park — July 21, 2010