Don Bauder 9:02 p.m., July 6
Rupert Murdoch's Fox Group Funds Four San Diego Politicos
Australian-born media mogul Rupert Murdoch may have his hands full with Britain's burgeoning News of the World phone hacking scandal, but Beverly Hills-based Fox Group, a subsidiary of Murdoch-run News America, Inc., has kept busy making a total of $75,750 in political expenditures during the first half of this year.
According to Fox's disclosure on file with the California secretary of state, locals who benefited were GOP Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher, the mayoral candidate whose assembly committee got $1000; Democratic Sen. Juan Vargas, who picked up $1500; Republican Sen. Joel Anderson, who received $1000; and Democratic Assemblywoman Toni Atkins, who got $1000.
Follow the rest of the Murdoch money here:
More like this:
- One-time Democrat and ex-Padres owner Moores gives $20,000 to anti union political withholding measure — Oct. 31, 2012
- Murdoch and Bren Contribute — Feb. 8, 2012
- Vargas Campaign Paid South Lake Tahoe Bistro, Hotel Tabs — Feb. 3, 2012
- Murdoch Gets Bad Advice from Aides, Says Local Publisher — July 18, 2011
- Who'll Buy LA Times? Platinum? More Likely Murdoch — Dec. 2, 2010