Jay Allen Sanford 8:15 p.m., July 27
Less Restriction on Beer Tasting Rooms
California State Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher is celebrating the success of Assembly Bill 1014, co-sponsored by Fletcher and Wesley Chesbro (D – Santa Rosa). An announcement came yesterday via blog on Fletcher’s mayoral campaign webpage.
The bill, which would place beer tasting rooms under the same restrictions and guidelines as wine tasting rooms, received unanimous support. If it’s signed by Governor Brown, brewers would be granted an exemption from California Retail Food Code requirements. The code has made it cost-prohibitive for many small breweries, such as the kind thriving around San Diego County, to offer on-site tasting rooms.
“One of our San Diego brewers asked me why they need to rip up all of their plumbing and electrical just to serve their guests a beer. Regulations like that don’t make sense for California. And today, we moved one step closer to fixing that,” Fletcher proclaimed.
More like this:
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Soft Opening, Hard Liquor — July 25, 2011
- Cinepolis: the Bar & Menu — July 21, 2011
- Proud Pride Sponsors at 2011 Parade — July 19, 2011